Get Clarity to Improve Content Effectiveness
Focus on the medium, the method, and the message
Transcript of Get Clarity to Improve Content Effectiveness
- 1. GET CLARITY TO IMPROVE CONTENT EFFECTIVENESS Focus on the medium, the method and the message
- 2. TAKE OFF THE BLINDERS Before you start creating content, take a moment to ask yourself and your team a few simple questions: ‣ Why are you creating this piece of content or this campaign? Identify a need, question, or trending topic in your marketplace. ‣ Who are you creating content for? Target speciﬁc audiences based on your audience persona proﬁles. ‣ What’s the goal of the content? Set measurable KPIs prior to any content initiative or marketing campaign.
- 3. There are a number of reasons for content assets to perform poorly or to become viral. To understand what works, and what doesn’t, look at the success or failure of your content based on these three things: PUT IT UNDER A MICROSCOPE MESSAGE METHODMEDIUM 1 2 3
- 4. The MEDIUM is the type of content. JUST TO BE CLEAR Video Podcast Blog Ebook Slides Infographic Webinars
- 5. GETTING CLEARER Unique solution Pricing Feature The MESSAGE is the idea you’re trying to communicate. Beneﬁt New product Brand position 1
- 6. AND CLEARER The METHOD is the way the content is distributed. Email Youtube SlideShare Website www Twitter Adwords Outbrain Facebook Instagram
- 7. SO NOW, CREATE CONTENT THAT GETS FOUND Create your campaign and your messages and then try out some content. Try a number of diﬀerent channels and types of content to compare and contrast your results. ‣ Group all the same types of content together (medium). ‣ Group all assets for a single campaign or message together (message). ‣ Group all content shared on a single channel together (method). Begin by creating content groups:
- 8. SALES FUNNEL TUNNEL VISION Eliminating the constraints of the sales funnel liberates the creation and delivery of content. Conventional marketing wisdom can put too narrow of constraints on deﬁning what types of assets belong in the traditional sales funnel model. ‣ The narrow focus of the sales funnel view is too limiting. ‣ Not everyone starts at the top of the funnel. ‣ A customer’s journey can begin anywhere. Think of the sales funnel as a trail map with equal entry points at diﬀerent places and all landing (hopefully) at your site.
- 9. THE CONTENT VISTA No longer assume that diﬀerent methods and diﬀerent mediums have a set place in the funnel. Use your content beyond “top of funnel” awareness. Don’t be afraid to use diﬀerent mediums and a variety of methods to get out the same message. Send a case study to a cold lead Create a video case study. Use Infographics to explain diﬃcult product concepts. Make an infographic to answer common customer support questions. Use slide decks for customer support materials.
- 10. WATCH HOW THE MESSAGE, THE METHOD, AND THE MEDIUM PERFORM Your content is part of an ecosystem that works together and creates an overall user experience. Avoid the temptation of simply eliminating under- performing content assets or turning oﬀ certain channels. To ﬁnd out what’s working: ‣ Measure everything to understand which combinations work best for your message. ‣ Understand why something under-performed or over-performed. ‣ Don’t abandon a method because a message didn’t sell. ‣ Don’t change a good message because it was poorly executed on the wrong medium. HINT: There is no better medium or method, just the one that works for you.
- 11. GUIDE THE WAY BACK Don’t leave your audience hanging after engaging with your content. Guide them back to your site or to more of your content. Remember to: ‣ Embed the “get in touch” button on your slide shares. ‣ Embed YouTube videos into your own site. ‣ Publish Infographics on your website. ‣ Create interactive infographics so that viewers can pop into other content. ‣ Include a call to action in blog posts, and visual content. ‣ Create a resource center and include your content.
- 12. Use your results to inform future content creation, but don’t be too quick to abandon assets that aren’t instantly viral or put all your eﬀorts into promoting or creating more content around assets that get instant results. Track results over time to discover: ‣ One time success vs. a medium that resonates with your audience. ‣ Messaging that engages over time vs. a ﬂeeting interest. ‣ A successful method to deliver your message vs. a message that resonates on many mediums. DON’T BE BLINDED BY INSTANT RESULTS
- 13. In the end, you’ll have the data you need to decide which messages and methods to use to reach your audiences across all your mediums. Create and record a strategy to craft and distribute your own creative and relevant messages that will engage and convert. HINT: Don’t forget to keep measuring each of your variables to monitor the ebb and ﬂow of engagement for your content. CLEAR STRATEGY
- 14. Need help getting your marketing intelligence into focus? We’re here to give you clarity www.GinzaMetrics.com @ginzametrics Ginzametrics Get Started: email@example.com Demo request: www.ginzametrics.com/demo-request